APWG has published the recap and analysis of phishing activity in Q3 of last year. Here are some of the highlights from the APWG Phishing Activity Trends Report for the 3rd Quarter of 2013:
- The volume of phishing attacks rose 20 percent from Q2.
- There were more than 143,000 unique phishing websites detected in Q3.
- The number of brands targeted each month averaged ~390 during Q3.
- More than 78 percent of attacks targeted payment services or financial institutions.
- Attacks targeting the gaming industry have dropped more than 85% from the start of 2013.