Each week, the PhishLabs team posts a collection of noteworthy cybercrime articles and reports (open source).
- "If you don't have a way to action intelligence then it is useless, utterly useless." Great advice on threat intelligence from Rick Holland over at Forrester. Good timing on what is sure to be a huge buzzword at the RSA USA Conference again this year. Terry Tate on the expo floor!
- Analysis of a likely APT attack on the US VFW website, including a zero-day exploit, from FireEye. Coined "Operation SnowMan."
- French journalist fined for "hacking" publicly accessible documents. Irresponsible? Perhaps. Hacking? Nope.
- Phishing attacks are up 20% in the latest report from APWG.
- NIST releases a new cybersecurity framework in response to President Obama's executive order from last year. Thoughts on that here.
- Cloudflare reported the biggest DDoS attack yet this week, surpassing 400 gigabits per second. As expected, attackers are using NTP reflection to amplify attacks to previously unseen traffic volumes.