Each week, the PhishLabs team posts a collection of noteworthy cybercrime articles and reports (open source).
- Brian Krebs on the malware involved in the Target breach. Part 1 and Part 2.
- Huge NTP reflection DDoS attack takes down League of Legends, EA.com, and Battle.net. NTP reflection is a very efficient attack amplification method that floods the target with 100x the volume of the original spoofed request. Via The Hacker News.
- Great write-up on NTP reflection attacks from CloudFlare.
- Man hacks Google accounts and monetizes them by opening up their YouTube channels to advertisements.
- "The cloud has become a preferred mode for attackers who are using cloud computing for many of the same reasons that legitimate customers are." Solutionary's SERT Quarterly Threat Intelligence Report confirms trend of malware distributors using major hosting providers in their attacks.
- Researcher reveals Starbucks iOS app leaks user data in cleartext logs created by the app's crash analytics software. Via Ars Technica.