Each week, the PhishLabs team posts a collection of noteworthy cybercrime articles and reports (open source).
- Strong stance by Avivah Litan of Gartner on the PCI Data Security Standard's ineffectiveness in lieu of the Target breach and others.
- Facebook pays $33,500 bounty for a Remote Code Execution vulnerability found by a Brazilian researcher.
- For the 3rd year in a row, the most common email-borne malware threats were those designed to steal personal financial data such as account credentials. According to Kaspersky Lab via DarkReading.
- A bug in Chrome can be exploited to eavesdrop on nearby conversations as long as the Chrome browser is running.
- More than $2 million were stolen via scam that involved card skimmers placed on gas station pumps. The skimmers were equipped with bluetooth so that those behind the scam could easily download stolen data without removing the devices.