Each week, the PhishLabs team posts The Week in Cybercrime (TWIC) to recap noteworthy cybercrime articles and reports (open source).
- Cybercriminals are human and just as prone to mistakes as everyone else. For example, take the hacker group known as AnonGhost. They thought they were defacing a "Yorkshire Bank" but instead appear to have hacked an old phishing site...
- "Inside the Phishing Ecosystem" examines how fraudsters stand up phishing sites and stage their attacks.
- Via SpiderLabs, defending against banking Trojans is like an arms race. That's true, and it reinforces why more focus is needed on fighting back against adversaries in addition to reacting to their latest innovations.
- "Threat/Security/Cyber Intelligence" has hit security buzzword "frenzy" status. David Bianco and Josh Goldfarb provide some helpful clarification to cut through the hype.
- A/B email testing isn't just for online marketers anymore. Cybercriminals are also using the practice to increase clickthroughs. Via WeLiveSecurity.com.